Saturday, February 7, 2009

What To Do With You Free Time

So, are you one of the chosen few who are out of a job due to the sagging economy, the Great, Great depression?

Oh, I know they call it a recession, but believe me, when this many people are out of work it’s a depression, a great, great depression, greater than the depression of the 30’s.

It’s greater because this time we’re going to have a really difficult time getting out of it. The whole world is in a depression this time, not just America. You see, boys and girls, this is where greed will land you. Remember that.

So what are you going to do with all that time you have right now, go looking for a job? I hate to tell you, but there are no jobs out there, so you’re wasting your time looking.

Well, here is an idea, why not go to college. It’s easier than you think. Community colleges are everywhere. I’m sure there is one near you. They’re cheaper than regular colleges, they offer careers in several fields and you can probably get financial aid or maybe even a grant to pay for it.

I’m going to the community college in my county here in North Carolina to get my associates degree. I’m going on a grant and when I graduate I will be able to enter college ad a sophomore and continue my education. I’m going for a Masters Degree in psychology.

It’s a long shot, but I have nothing else to do right now. Speaking gigs aren’t coming my way like they used to and besides, how do I know if I can get the degree or not if I don’t try?

You will never know how far in life you can go if you don’t get off your butt and try.

This is the only life you have; don’t die with the music still in you. When you’re lying on your deathbed and your life is flashing before your eyes, I want you to see all the things you accomplished, not just a blank screen.

Make the best of your off time, go to your local community college and at least talk to an advisor. You may find something that you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment